Friday, October 24, 2008

And BABY makes 7!!!!

Yep, you guessed it, we are having a baby! We really thought that we were done with having children the old-fashioned way and figured that anyone one else who wanted to join our family would be through adoption, and we were PERFECTLY happy with that, so we have spent this week pinching ourselves wondering if this is for real. SURPRISE!!! It's for real and we are excited. It just goes to show that there is someone else in charge of our lives, so no sense wasting our time with what we think is best! Now that the idea is settling in I can't believe that we will have a tiny, sweet baby joining our family again. We are truly blessed! When I was a kid my dad announced one of my siblings during our family prayer. I had told Scott the story and the other night at dinner he was offering the blessing and he said, "we are thankful for the new baby that will be coming to our family" after that all semblance of reverence was gone! The kids opened there eyes and wanted to know what Scott was talking about. It was so funny! They are all excited. It is fun having bigger kids who actually understand what is going on to be excited. The one thing that keeps going through my head is 5 is a lot of kids! Oh well, the more the merrier! Our plan was to adopt again either from Guatemala or maybe a Hispanic baby domestically. Everyone keeps asking if we will still do that, and our answer is, we are gonna take it one kid at a time. I'm sure if there is someone else who is supposed to be part of our family Heavenly Father will let us know! Adoption was such a great experience for our family that we would be thrilled if that was part of our future. Time will tell! For now we will be having a baby in June. We are praying that this pregnancy is a little easier than the previous ones have been. We shall see. I am scurrying around trying to get life in order just in case though!

6 comments:

Christy said...

Congratulations! How great you can experience having a family of bio and adopted children! Our little Eva (pronounced Ava--it's Spanish!) is half hispanic. It was truly a blessing. Her birth grandparents were from the same area in Mexico where I served my mission. It was great to have that connection and I'm glad I'll be able to take her back there someday!

Good luck with FIVE!

Skelley Family said...

That cracked me up, and I could totally see Emery's and Grayson's faces, then you and Scott laughing! Too stinkin funny and a great way to break the news to the kids! We love you guys!

jdwaldram said...

Hey! Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Hopefully things go smoothly for you.

HallFam said...

Way to go Skaggs! You are so inspiring. I love your blog it's so the Skaggs. I need to blog but I'm slow to new technology. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish you all the best and hope that everything goes smoothly for you guys.

Kari said...

WOW!! I am so excited for you guys. God has blessed us with 5 and it has been worth every moment. CONGRATULATIONS SKAGGS FAMILY!!!!
KARI